“More than any other category of investors, Angels seek upside potential through funding meaningful, substantial improvements for society.” — Nashville Chapter Member
Why be part of Angel Capital Group as an investor?
We have amassed hundreds of great minds, subject matter experts, successful entrepreneurs, and venture-style investors from around the nation who share diligence, expertise, experience, connections, and industry insight on ventures to identify irresistible opportunities. If you wish to learn, learn from the best. If you wish to participate, work with the best. Join us or start a chapter.
In 2014, accredited angel investors directly invested $24 billion into nearly 70,000 early-stage companies, according to estimates by the Center for Venture Research at the University of New Hampshire. That’s more than all other venture capital firms combined were able to deploy in early and seed stage deals during the same year.
That’s jobs. Life-changing (and life-saving) technologies. More sustainable products. Wealth creation for a new generation of spirited Americans. All this at a time when the national focus was on American decline, outsourced and obsolete jobs, and failed politics.
In short, Angels are the true front line of innovation in America. Though many Angels enjoy the 20+% returns offered by early and seed stage deals, the motivations run much deeper. Love of community, love of entrepreneurialism, and a passion for growth are all part of the appeal. And while Angel stereotypes cast an image of some genius “Master of the Universe” living in Silicon Valley, the fact is that Angel investors operate in nearly every city across America.
Angel investing isn’t about shooting for the moon. It’s about playing the numbers and working the odds. Angel Capital Group was founded to create an environment where Angels could experience all the thrills of funding their own futures, and make money doing it.
What We Believe
We have learned lessons from both Moneyball and Steve Jobs – “if you want to beat the market numbers, you have to “think differently”.” We embrace the role and function of a traditional angel group, but think differently.
- We believe in investing smaller amounts individually in larger numbers of companies – statistically, this is a winning strategy.
- We believe in investing in middle America because we find outstanding teams, who no longer have to live on a coast to access resources to create highly productive companies, at valuations that make sense.
- We believe that standardized, professional diligence is the key to selecting the very best deal flow in the nation and a winning portfolio.
- We believe our speed of investment (two months from yes to a wire) is a key advantage for our network.
- We believe our model is ready to scale across the US to create the first “community equity banking system.”
- We believe that participation in an established angel group is key to reducing your risk in angel investing.
- We believe this is the way we restore America’s economic greatness one community at a time.
If you believe these things, please contact us about becoming a member. To learn more, keep reading or just get in touch. Our monthly chapter meetings are the best way to experience what true Angel investing is all about.